Dry ice blasting is clean and safe
- Dry ice blasting has been approved by the EPA, FDA, and USDA as an accepted material.
- For food services, dry ice blasting has been documented by the Food Standards Agency to effectively decontaminate surfaces of Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria.
- Dry ice blasting will not release harmful gases into the atmosphere.
- Dry ice cleaning does not generate secondary waste like other cleaning methods such as media or water blasting.
- Dry ice blasting is safe and non-toxic.
- Dry ice cleaning reduces or eliminates employee exposure to the use of dangerous chemical cleaning agents.
Dry ice blasting is non-toxic
- Other cleaning media, even water, can become hazardous during the cleaning process requiring special handling and disposal. Dry ice blasting creates none of these problems.
- Sand, soda, and water blasting can create downstream contamination that affects surrounding installations, dry ice cleaning does not.
- Soda blasting can kill surrounding vegetation, dry ice blasting will not.
- Chemical and solvent cleaning methods are toxic and create toxic waste that must be disposed. With dry ice blasting, there is no secondary waste.
- Workers who use dry ice cleaning methods are not exposed to potentially harmful substances through the use of chemicals and solvents.
- Dry ice pellets are made from reclaimed CO2. The process does not produce or add CO2 to the atmosphere and therefore does not contribute to the greenhouse effect.
- CO2 blasting / cleaning is the most environmentally responsible way to clean.
* Upon contact, traditional blasting materials become contaminated when cleaning hazardous substances and objects. The blasting materials become classified as toxic waste and require proper, safe disposal.
This website managed and maintained by
IFI is a privately owned Dry Ice Blasting company located in Indianapolis, Indiana. IFI can provide services for many dry ice blasting applications. From industrial cleaning, to restoration, to facility maintenance and remediation services, IFI is the solution for your application. Not only does IFI provide professional dry ice cleaning services, we can also provide dry ice pellets. Contact Indy Fire and Ice, Inc. today to discuss the benefits and uses of dry ice blasting / cleaning.
IFI @ the 100th Indy 500. Click the car to view our race page.
Indy Fire and Ice, Inc. | 7718 Acre Lane, Brownsburg IN 46112 | Phone: 317.201.4007 | Site Map